Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My Week Off






We were given the week off for thankgiving and it was amazing! the family of one of the girl's on the team invited me and a few others to spend some time with them in their condo at Mammoth Mountain and if you know me well enough there is no way i was going to say 'no' to that. The mountain was kind of icy the first two days, but on wednesday there began a storm that gave us at least a foot of snow and it was heaven. i would come down the slopes tree riding through at least 3'' of fresh powder and by the time i rode the lift up there was at least another 3'' that dumped so it was like powder riding all day!!! i rode the chairlift with a permamnent smile on my face. Hallelujah!

One of the days when i wasn't riding, we were able to take a short hike around Twin lakes where i was able to hike through this towering arch to the cliffside and just before i summited to the top i heard this noise behind me and looked up just in time to see a Bald Eagle flying about 8feet above my head! amazing, i didn't even know they lived in this area.
Just as awesome, my dad came up to visit me over the weekend for some much needed and valued college football. I had an awesome time Pop! You rock! Just before the morning he headed back we were able to catch some breakfast with some really awesome friends that drove all the way up to see me just for the day! Ernie, Mark, Trav you guys rock hard! They rock so hard that they demolished me at a few games bowling. (which, is another story, i mean i really enjoy bowling, but i suck at it and it doesn't make any sense: roll a ball hit pins, stupid technique) Afterwards we hit up some pizza and, yes, more college football! So good to see faces have talks and share about whats going on in life. It reminds me of all the wealth of life i have back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment